Camping/Glamping/Equestrian/Outdoor Activites Ref 50-251

Camping/Glamping/Equestrian/Outdoor activities
Camping/Glamping/Equestrian/Outdoor activities

212 000 Euros

(Including agency fees of 5.66% at buyer’s expense)

Camping/Glamping/Equestrian/Outdoor activities - Brief Description

Rare opportunity to acquire over 20 acres of land currently used as six emplacement camping/glamping site with detached 3 bedroomed renovated barn conversion, a substantial barn configured as dining area with kitchen facilities and showers for campers, pods and tents. Beautiful location in very rurual Normandy – peace and quite. Has potential for equestrian use too.

Continue reading

Farmhouse gite outbuildings campsite land Ref 50-193

r home might cause to someone else’s residence will be included since this is obligatory. This will cover you if, for example, your apartment’s bathtub leaks into the ceiling of the flat downstairs or a tile falls off of your roof onto someone’s head. Natural catastrophes are also automatically covered. Recent years have seen an alarming number of natural catastrophes in some regions, particularly forest fires and flooding in the south of the country, including in urban areas. You will be asked questions about the property, including the number of square meters and the number of rooms, but most companies will not require a visit before offering terms. You will not be asked to value the building since this is dealt with by a national building index. Be sure you ask for adequate contents cover; some people try and reduce the premium by undervaluing their contents and rue the consequences on the day of a claim. Fire alarms are not required either by French law or most insurers. Certain theft protections may appear draconian such as the presence and use of an alarm (depending upon the value of your contents) and the closing of shutters at night or during long absences. It is strongly advisable to make sure you understand the small print of any policy, especially regarding the excesses you will have to carry and your obligations to protect the property. All of the major companies are reputable, and the only significant difference in policies will probably be between rates. Some companies will offer discounts if you choose them for multiple policies such as home and car insurance. Advertisement Insurance required for school children Some home insurance policies will automatically cover your liability for any damage or injury your child may cause at school; others will offer this as a separate cover at a nominal premium. In both cases, the insurer will give you a certificate or attestation that the school will ask you for at the beginning of the school year. While not strictly mandatory for school attendance, it is required for any activities outside the official curriculum including field trips of any kind as well as extracurricular sports. Motor vehicles in France must be insured All motor vehicles in France must be insured for collision liability, even if they are not in use, unless all four wheels are removed. Policies are either third party (tiers collision), third party fire & theft or comprehensive (tous risques). Whenever you drive your vehicle, you are legally required to carry—along with your car registration papers (le certificat d’immatriculation) —a document, the attestation d’assurance, issued by the insurance company proving you are insured. Part of this, is a green certificat d’assurance testifying to the validity of your insurance. This must be fixed on your vehicle windscreen, so as to be clearly visible. Don’t leave these papers in the glove compartment; if your car is stolen and you cannot produce them, you will have difficulties in obtaining the police statement you need to make an insurance claim. You also help the thief pretend he is the rightful owner. Your insurer will also issue you with an internationally standard form, le constat amiable, to fill in the event of an accident. It provides space to fill out insurance details, a written and graphic description of the accident and it must be completed and signed by both you and the other party involved. It is a carbon copy sheet, and both parties send their copy back to their respective insurer to establish responsibility. Do not add anything to the form after completing and signing it with the other party as the two insurers may compare their copies in establishing who was at fault. An English language version of this form is available here. French car insurance carries a draconian no-claims bonus system. It takes 13 years of no fault driving to obtain a full 50 percent no-claims bonus. This can result in some drivers offering to pay directly for damage they cause, so as to avoid an increase in the cost of their policy. Do not accept such an offer because if the damage is more expensive to repair than the amount you have received from the other party, you will have no recourse whatsoever! Advertisement Life insurance As in English, it is easy to confuse life insurance (assurance vie) – and death insurance (assurance décès). Life insurance refers to a savings programme that sets aside and invests money for retirement or other long-term financial projects. It will also pay in case of death before the end of the policy term. Insurance that will only pay a premium to your family in case of your death is called, most practically, assurance décès and is often linked to loss of earnings (prévoyance). Assurance décès following accident only is very cheap (around EUR 20 per month to cover all of the family) but when death through illness is included the price is considerably more and takes into account your age and your existing state of health. If you are employed, you might be automatically signed up for a life or a death policy; check with your HR department. Beware of slick deals to cover the cost of burial (assurance obsèques); they are much less attractive than standard life insurance. They do offer assistance to the loved ones in dealing with the formalities after death but a good solicitor can help them with this. If you take out a sizeable home-loan with a French bank, it will require you to take out a life insurance. This is intended to protect both the bank and your family by paying off the outstanding mortgage in case of you or your partner’s death. While the bank will pressure you to take their own so called “in-house” life insurance policy, try and resist this in order to shop around for a better deal amongst outside professional life insurers since the bank takes a commission, thereby increasing the amount you pay in premium. Construction insurance It is mandatory to insure major construction works carried out on your property by a decennial cover called dommages ouvrage. Advertisement Professional insurances Maybe you have come to France for a better life style and intend to work here on a self employed basis? In which case you will need specific insurances such as professional indemnity. Perhaps you also need cover for your professional or manufacturing equipment as well transport and credit insurance. Specialist policies such as these are best handled by brokers. Major French insurance companies Allianz Aviva AXA Azur Gan Generali GMF MAAF Assurances MACIF Assurances Matmut As mentioned above, you can also go to a local agent (which despite the title Agent général is an agent tied to one company only) or approach an independent insurance broker specialized in expatriates. One British insurer – HISCOX – deals in up-market home insurance and fine arts in France. It only works through brokers. For ordinary personal insurances, all three forms of insurer (company, agent or broker) will be able to help you but for specific cover such as yacht insurances or policies to cover your professional activity, you would do best to consult a broker. Share Related articles Insurance in France Insurance in France Life insurance in France I have a mortgage: do I need life assurance? Advertisement Latest articles expats at work in france submission Expats at Work in France: Submission expat students in france submission Expat Students in France: Submission expat voices of france submission Expat Voices of France: Submission Nice The expat community in Nice Directory Banking and Financial Services Currency Exchange Financial Advisors Insurance Companies More

286 200 Euros

(Including agency fees of 5.66%)

Currency calculator – click here to find the price in pounds sterling
Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Brief Description

Rare opportunity to acquire a substantial farmhouse with numerous outbuildings in land of around 25 acres. Lots of potential here – currently used as a small campsite but lots of potential to expand.

The main house is built of stone and has a slate roof. The property is in need of upgrading but it retains alot of its original charm and features. There are numerous outbuildings – lots of scope here to create additional gites or expand on the campsite theme – this would clearly make an excellent equestrian property in view of the amount of land and outbuildings – its ripe for conversion and has lots of potential. The property is well place within very easy access to the cathedral city of Coutances – famous for its annual international jazz festival.

Continue reading